Monday, December 13, 2010

the final countdown

wow. one week left.

this semester has been pretty unbelievable. it's getting to the point where everything is "the last": the last trip to the eagle, the last final exam, the last grocery store trip, the last time we top up our oyster cards. everything is sentimental.

things i am excited to get home to:
my family! especially my sister, who i haven't seen since september,
my car. can't wait to DRIVE somewhere,
a variety of flavorful food,
my friends, the ones i've kept in touch with and the ones i haven't,
chapman and the standard of education that is lacking here,
my bed and it's pillowtop, and my many many pillows, (#whitegirlproblems, anyone?)
the full use of my iphone,
& sunshine.

but, there are a lot a lot a lot of things i am sad to leave:
london as a whole...who knows when i'll be back?
the friends i've made, who i may or may not see ever again,
real winter weather and the coats, scarves, boots, gloves,
the eagle, which has served as my living room for the last four months,
the public transportation systems and their ease,
historic buildings, art, and parks everywhere i turn,
the ability to order a drink whenever i want,
the comfort i've developed in this city,
& the darling accents i've gotten so used to hearing.

i'm making the most of this next week. through the goodbyes, the finals, the packing and the bittersweetness, i have a ton of things waiting for me upon my return. so london is going to get its fill of me over the next 7 days while it still can!

No comments:

Post a Comment